Session 1 – Tuesday 13th April – 09:30- 12:30 – Medical Terminology
Provided by D & A Clinical Coding Consultancy Limited, this medical terminology course is designed to give the learners fundamental knowledge of medical terminology.
- Learn how to identify and interpret common prefixes, and suffixes used in medical or clinical terms
- Understand the meaning of stem words to break down multifaceted medical terms and their components to decode the meaning
- Learn the use of standard medical abbreviations in typical medical documents to interpret a doctors’ shortened notes
Session 2 – Tuesday 13th April – 13:30 – 16:30 – SNOWMED
The use of SNOMED CT as a consistent vocabulary for recording clinical information across the NHS helps ensure data is recorded consistently and accurately.
This session covers:
- What is SNOMED CT?
- How does SNOMED CT work?
- How is it used?
- Using the browser
Session 2 – Wednesday 3rd February – 09:30 – 12:30 – Summarising Notes
This session provides guidance for general practices, on best practice for summarising medical records onto electronic record systems.
This process of record reconciliation can be complex and requires a methodical and planned approach to do well.
This session addresses:
- Why this process is required
- A description of ideal content and advice on how this should be identified and captured to the primary care electronic health record
- An outline of the benefits