CPCS is coming
GPs will soon be referring patients to you for diagnosis and treatment recommendations, as part of the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS).
It’s a big step up in responsibilities.
Are you ready?
Don’t worry, because from October 2020 RPS and RCGP are running free CPCS workshops for community pharmacists across England. Run with the Royal College of General Practitioners, you’ll be shown exactly how to manage these new referrals, practicing real-life situations with GPs and other healthcare professionals.
Be confident in:
- Performing clinical examinations
- Identifying red flags in consultations
- Supporting clinical reasoning with evidence-based practice
- Involving patients during decision-making
- Concluding consultations with safety netting, signposting and referrals
- Promoting self-care and prevention measures
- Completing accurate clinical records to support data sharing.
Additional sessions to run throughout November and December