This update requires the delegates to attend two webinars – one on 15th Sept, the other on 10th Nov.
Update your COPD skills and share best practice
This COPD refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who manage people with COPD, who wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Understanding COPD phenotypes
- Pharmacological treatment strategies – initial and follow up
- Exacerbations – is it or isn’t it?
- The importance and techniques for supported self-management
- An understanding of best practice models and treatment strategies
- A range of options for supporting people in self-management
- How to apply national and local guidelines
- How to understand the needs of your practice population and take positive
- The completion of a service improvement initiative for your practice
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development.
These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarization of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.