The assessment of patients who are unwell with COVID-19 or other causes presents a significant challenge for GPs and clinicians working in Primary Care. The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and the AHSN Network are holding a joint webinar looking at the role of oximetry and other physiology in that assessment.
The webinar will be led by:
- Dr Jonathan Leach, RCGP Honorary Secretary and COVID Lead
- Dr Alison Tavaré, Primary Care Clinical Lead at West of England AHSN
- Dr Simon Stockley, RCGP Lead for Acute Deterioration and Sepsis
Overview of content to be explored:
- Clinical features of COVID-19
- Importance of oximetry in COVID
- Clinical judgement and physiology in Patient assessment
- Role of NEWS2 in General Practice and Care Homes
- Remote oximetry in the assessment and management of COVID disease in the community
This will be followed by a Q and A session.