This web workshop is for NHS staff who are Practice or Admin Managers in Primary care who want to improve their operational delivery.
This web workshop focuses on ‘coaching for performance’ – and will develop the skills needed to understand and develop the capability and capacity in the practice. Through the introduction of a variety of coaching tools and techniques, this session will develop the core skills of questioning and listening and using powerful questions to support people in achieving their best outcomes. Delegates will gain an understanding of the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring.
- Understanding the purpose of coaching and mentoring within an organisational context
- Understanding the skills, behaviours, attitudes, beliefs and values of an effective coach or mentor
- Understanding the role of contracting and the process to effectively coach or mentor
- Understanding the principles of effective coaching or mentoring in practice and how to evaluate benefit
During the programme we will be practicing coaching one another. It is difficult to ‘role play’ a coaching session in a virtual environment. But come to the sessions having identified some areas where you would like to receive some coaching/help with thinking things through. Here are some ideas of the type of situation you might identify. You will need to feel comfortable sharing the issue with your coach and an observer – and to facilitate this we contract about confidentiality at the start of the coaching web workshop programme:
- A difficult relationship at work
- A project or a task where you feel stuck
- A career decision you need to make – or an issue about your career which you would like to explore
- A task you have been dreading
- A piece of difficult feedback you need to give to someone
- Someone who works for you who you have not quite fathomed out – or who you have a more challenging relationship with
- Reflecting on why a process/procedure is not working very well
- A difficulty or dilemma which you face at home
- Something you feel demotivated about
Guidance notes and will be provided to support this workshop and certificates of attendance are awarded after the workshop.