- Event Overview
One Day Essentials is a series of one day conferences – all available broadcast live online – with some also available in-person – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These conferences are recorded live and the sessions will be available for delegates to access freely on our e-learning platform for six months from the conference date.*
*Please note we endeavour to upload content as quickly as possible after the conference, but it typically takes 1-2 weeks.
Join us on Thursday 18 May 2023 for a one-day interactive online and in-person conference covering a wide range of dermatology topics.
Leading expert clinicians will focus on conditions commonly encountered in General Practice. We see a variety of skin conditions affecting patients of all ages and from diverse ethnic backgrounds and we aim for our talks to cover the full spectrum of patients that we see in Primary Care dermatology. We will take some time to discuss conditions specific to women, and discuss the particular challenges in diagnosis and treatment for patients with skin of colour.
We hope that you find the day interesting, enjoyable and thought provoking.
- Paediatric dermatology including atopic dermatitis
- Update on skin cancer
- Vulval dermatoses
- Dermatology for skin of colour
- Diagnosis and management of acne
- Diagnosis and management of psoriasis
- Be confident in diagnosing and instigating topical therapy for children with atopic dermatitis
- Recognise the common forms of skin cancer and know when to refer urgently
- Understand the importance of Dermoscopy in the management of skin cancer
- Recognise and treat patients with common vulval skin conditions including Lichen sclerosus, lichen planus and irritant contact dermatitis.
- Understand how dermatological conditions may present in patients with skin of colour
- Review the NICE guidelines for acne and understand which patients would benefit from early referral to secondary care
- Recognise the varying clinical presentations of psoriasis, its comorbidities and the latest advances in treatment
- Learn the difference between prick testing and patch testing for allergies
- Learn the difference between allergic and irritant contact dermatitis
- Refer appropriate patients to the right colleague, first time
Dr Elizabeth Roberts, Consultant Dermatologist
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CLICK ON THE CORRECT TICKET AS WE HAVE ONE FOR THOSE ATTENDING IN-PERSON AND ONE FOR THOSE ATTENDING ONLINE
Super Early bird prices until 16 March:
AiT rate: £135
Members: rate £169
Non-members rate: £199
Early bird prices until 19 April:
AiT rate: £169
Members: rate £199
Non-members rate: £245
Standard prices from 20 April: