One Day Essentials is a series of one day online conferences – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These conferences are recorded live and the sessions will be available for delegates to access freely for six months from the conference date.
Join us on Tuesday 18 July 2023 for a one day interactive online conference led by experts in the field, you’ll learn practical tips to help you improve practice and patient outcomes.
Type 2 diabetes is a growing epidemic which can have devastating cardiovascular complications for patients. There has been new medications, guidelines and evidence in the last few years which can bring positive outcomes for patients. At the same time, management of type 2 diabetes has become more complex for busy healthcare professionals.
- Type 2 Diabetes Management: Diagnosis, Prevalence, NICE and international guidelines, oral therapies
- SGLT2 inhibitors: Cardiovascular outcome trials in Type 2 Diabetes, Hba1c targets, frailty
- Injectables in Diabetes – GLP1 therapy & Insulin
- Management of Obesity in Primary care
- Management of the Diabetic Foot and Foot Complications
- Learn about practicalities and considerations when choosing a treatment to meet the needs of adult patients with type 2 Diabetes
- Understand the latest clinical evidence on the cardio-metabolic benefit of newer medications used in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Review the oral therapies used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes and learn about cardiovascular outcome trials and impact they have had on treatment
- Introduction to basics of injectable therapies e.g insulin and GLP-1 therapy
- Learn about the practicalities of treating patients living with obesity and how best to help and tailor a treatment plan in partnership with the patient
- Understand how to examine the diabetic foot and all the possible complications and when to refer to avoid further complications
Dr Vinesh Sobha, GPSI and DUK Clinical Champion
Judy Winter, ANP and Diabetes Specialist Nurse
Dr Bharat Pahilwani, GP and RCGP leader in obesity and weight management
Dr Prashanth Vas, Consultant in Diabetes and Diabetes foot medicine, King’s College Hospital
Early-bird prices until 6 June 2023:
AiT rate: £169
Members: rate £199
Non-members rate: £245