This FREE live 90-minute webinar focusing on the diagnosis and management of rare diseases in particular haematological conditions.
The fundamentals of a rare disease – what is it? Who is affected? What’s impact and challenges when a condition is rare? What do rare conditions have in common? How can clinicians seek help, advice and alleviate some of the burden of rarity. The webinar will focus on both generic issues relevant to patients and clinicians and also a detailed look at some example haematological conditions. The webinar will include practical examples and case based discussions.
- Appreciate that rare conditions can impact patients in similar ways
- How to approach potential rare diseases from a primary care viewpoint
- Relevance of rare diseases to your clinical practice, how you might recognise them and when to ask for advice/refer
- Specific haematological learning for example in sickle cell disease and haemophilia
- Identify resources that can support you and your patient
There will be plenty of time in this webinar for Q&A.
Dr Thomas Round, GP, Clinical Lead of RCGP Essential Knowledge Updates (EKU) e-Learning Programme
Dr William Evans, GP & Chairman NPUK
Dr Lucy McKay, CEO of Medics4RareDiseases
This event has been funded by Alexion, RCGP maintain editorial control over all webinar content.