This 90 minute, Teams-based training will be provided by the Regional Outreach Adviser (East of England) for the Disclosure and Barring Service, and will look at how, when and why you should make a barring referral to the DBS service. We will discuss:
- different referral routes,
- the legislation underpinning the barring work,
- when a barring referral legally has to be made & when one can be made,
- what regulated activity is,
- what is harm,
- how to make a good quality referral,
- the impact of being barred.
This course is aimed at professionals working with children and/or adults in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.