PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UPDATE COURSE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY TRAINED IN EAR IRRIGATION.
A review of the theory and practice of ear irrigation using the Propulse irrigator for those currently undertaking ear irrigation in their workplace.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Examination of the ear and use of the otoscope
- The normal tympanic membrane and common ear problems
- Reasons for carrying out ear irrigation
- Contraindications to ear irrigation
- Potential problems and how to address them
- Relevant policies and procedures
- Equipment used locally
- Assessment of and communication with patients
- Obtaining informed consent
- Health and safety
- Infection control, safe disposal and cleaning of equipment
- Appropriate documentation
- Patient advice