Developing Nursing Leadership in Primary Care
To bring General Practice Nurses and other senior leaders together, to facilitate and enable discussions to identify common approaches and interventions to empower practice nurses to become Primary Care Leaders in the Primary Care Networks.
It is sponsored by NHS England and NHS Improvement through the GP Nursing 10 Point Plan Programme and is for General Practice Nurses, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, and Health Care Support Workers based in GP practices. PCN Clinical Directors and their deputies are also invited to attend.
The event will include ‘round table’ discussions which will help to shape initiatives to develop General Practice nursing into an attractive long-term career option with increased opportunities for leadership and development.
To take part in the national discussion join our GPN Single Point online community by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitated discussion groups will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Share their experiences of what is working well in nursing leadership
- Identify opportunities and potential areas for development to support GPN leadership development
- Hear from Primary Care colleagues who have secured roles as clinical directors in PCNs
- Define a ‘call to action’ and
- Agree on individual and collective next steps