Essentials Webinar Series is a programme of 1.5-hour webinars – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These webinars are recorded live and are available for delegates to access freely for six months from the webinar date.
This webinar is brought to you by the RCGP’s Essex Faculty and is open to all. Skin cancer continues to rise and has been identified during the recent pandemic as a primary visual diagnosis which can be enhanced by digital technological interventions. Identifying and managing skin cancers especially remotely has placed an incredible challenge on primary care physicians.
Upskilling primary care physicians in the use of digital technology will lead to improved patient care and result in early detection of skin cancers. The advent of dermoscopy and Artificial Intelligence (AI) has changed the landscape in the management of skin cancer. Dermoscopy is the new “stethoscope” of the skin and mastery of this vital tool will go a long way in alleviating patient’s distress, hasten early diagnosis and subsequently reduce the pressure on secondary care.
1. Identify skin cancer at an early age
2. Use of dermoscopy as a vital tool in skin examination
3. Using Artificial Intelligence to supplement clinical and dermoscopic findings
4. Empower patients in monitoring skin lesions
5. Establish virtual platform with secondary care for referral of suspected skin cancer cases
6. Triage of suspected skin cancers using teledermatology
7. Training program in dermoscopy for primary care physician
Dr Hammad Ahmed, GP and RCGP Essex Faculty Education Lead
Dr Usman Buhari, Clinical Director, Mayflower Healthcare Alliance, GPwER in Dermatology and part time General Practitioner
AiT rate – £15
RCGP Member rate – £20
Non-member rate – £30
This webinar is created and delivered by the RCGP’s Essex Faculty but is relevant and open-to-all GPs.