Essentials Webinar Series is a programme of 1.5-hour webinars – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These webinars are recorded live and are available for delegates to access freely for six months from the webinar date.
Brought to you by the RCGP Beds and Herts Faculty, this open-to-all session will cover contraceptive choices for particular groups of women. We will look at guidance for women we regularly see in our surgeries.
By the end of the session you will:
- Know which methods can be safely started and when after pregnancy including post termination
- Feel confident assessing young women (including under 16) who request contraception and understand which methods you can offer
- Know which methods can be offered to women in the peri-menopause
- Understand the possible effects of obesity on efficacy and safety of different contraceptive methods
Dr Emma Salik, RCGP Beds and Herts Faculty Education Lead
Dr Helen Parkinson, GP with a special interest in women’s health
- Associate in Training – £15
- RCGP Member – £20
- Non-Member – £30
This is part two of a series of five Women’s Health webinars with Dr Helen Parkinson. Dates for your diary:
- 10 August 2021 – EWS Webinar | Women’s health: HRT – top tips for GPs
- 26 August 2021 – EWS Webinar | Women’s health: contraception – part1
- 6 September 2021 – EWS Webinar | Women’s health: contraception – part 2
- 16 September 2021 – EWS Webinar | Women’s health: common gynae problems in GP
- 27 September 2021 – EWS Webinar| Women’s health: urinary problems
Please note that these webinars will need to be booked individually and the price is per webinar.