About this event
This course is facilitated by the Affinity Connect and is promoted by the ICS Staff Support Hub, for all those working in health, social care, the voluntary sector or not-for-profit sector in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
This course is designed to help employees identify the key financial issues that can arise during their working life and assist them with making key decisions.
- Encourage greater confidence in financial matters through increased financial knowledge
- Highlight the different types of borrowing and how to manage debt
- Understand the State Pension and different types of workplace pensions
- Understand tax and tax efficiency
- Learn about the risks and reward involved in savings and investments
- Find out how to ensure your estate is passed to your intended beneficiaries
- Understand the next steps and where to receive further guidance and regulated financial advice.
- Help employees take stock of their current financial position and show them the benefits of budgeting
Personal finance audit
- Assets and liabilities
Mortgages and lending
- Different types of borrowing
- Early repayment
- Credit scores
Personal taxation, savings and investments
- Income tax
- Financial goals
- Understanding investment risk
Pensions an overview
- Explaining the State Pension
- State Pension eligibility
- Defined Benefit schemes
- Defined Contribution schemes
- Tax allowances
Employer specific workplace pension
- Explanation of the scheme(s)
- Retirement ages
- Options at retirement
- Are your pension savings on track?
- Options for increasing your pension
- Inheritance Tax
- Wills and intestacy
For more information about the Staff Support Hub and the support we offer, take a look at our website: www.staffsupporthub.org.
Affinity Connect is a trading name of Affinity Connect Limited and is a member of the Wealth at Work group of companies. Registered in England and Wales No. 04256854. Registered office: 5 Temple Square, Temple Street, Liverpool L2 5RH. Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and record-keeping purposes.