This webinar with Dr Stephen Barclay is being delivered as part of the GP Fellowship Education Programme. It is open to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough GPs who are enrolled in the C&P GP Fellowship Scheme, or non-fellows who are within their first 5 years of practice.
The session is specifically tailored for newly qualified GPs. The goals of the session are to increase confidence and understanding of management of palliative care patients and to improve understanding of and ability to access appropriate services.
The session will cover:
- Accessing services:
- What services are available
- Who is appropriate for the different services
- Where to go to access help
- Community services and hospice services available – who, what and when?
- Difficult conversations
- Top tips – including prescribing, managing continuity for patients and what can be managed remotely.
- Difficult case discussions
- Q+A session
Professor Stephen Barclay is Honorary Professor of Palliative and Primary Care at the University of East Anglia, University Senior Lecturer in General Practice and Palliative Care at the University of Cambridge, a practicing GP and Honorary Consultant Physician in Palliative Medicine.
This session will take place via Zoom. You will find the zoom advance registration link in your booking confirmation. Once registered, you will receive an email with the joining link.