To support staff who are unable to get to face-to-face training, Skills for Health and Charles Bloe have partnered to develop this immunisation and vaccination elearning and supporting webinar bundle.
Learners will get access to the Skills for Health Immunisation and Vaccination refresher course, and a supporting webinar delivered by Charles Bloe Training via Zoom.
Who is the course for?
All healthcare staff involved in delivering or advising on immunisations and vaccinations, as an update of prior knowledge.
Course Content – e-Learning
- Module 1: Current issues in Immunisation and Vaccination
- Module 2: Keeping Up to Date – Vaccines, Legislation and Policies
- Module 3: Immunisation Schedule
- Module 4: Review of Current Practice: Administering the Vaccine
- Module 5: Review of Current Practice: Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support
Course Content – Supporting webinar
- Update on vaccination techniques
- The role of vaccines / dispelling myths
- What’s new in 2020 / keeping up to date
- Increasing engagement in the ‘flu campaign’
- Safety issues in current climate
- Where we are with a COVID vaccine
Duration & CPD
4 hours in total, equivalent to 4 CPD points:
- eLearning: 2.5 hours
- Webinar: 1.5 hours
A certificate of attendance is available for each section of the bundle (elearning [downloadable upon completion of the course] and webinar)