A review of the theory and practice of flu, pneumococcal and shingles immunisation for those currently giving just flu and/or pneumococcal and/or shingles immunisations in their workplace.
Meets the HPA recommendations for immunisers annual update.
- Current issues in flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccination
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine flu, pneumococcal and shingles disease
- Any relevant/recent changes to the recommendations national policy for flu, pneumococcal and shingles immunisation
- The different types of vaccines
- Review of PSDs and protocols
- Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Support strategies
- Current practice and identification of areas for improvement
Discussion and sharing of good practice.