This course is for Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists and Paramedics that are new to General Practice and have been on our Induction Programme for Staff New to General Practice. To apply for a place, please click “Express an Interest”. We will then contact you to let you know whether you have been successful.
The theory and practice of routine childhood and adult immunisation and vaccination: an interactive study day for those new to immunisation. This course meets the PHE Minimum Standards for Immunisation training (2018). This course is for registered HCPs only.
Please note this is a 2 day course and delegates will be required to attend both days.
- Aims of immunisation: national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and adverse events
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving uptake rates
- New developments
- Personal and professional development
This programme is based on the PHE National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training, guidance of professional bodies and the Department of Health ‘Immunisation against Infectious Disease’ 2006 (‘Green Book’) online and PHE update letters.
Please note that all delegates MUST complete pre-course e-learning which will emailed to them prior to the course.