These sessions are for Leaders and Managers across integrated care systems who are new to formal management positions.
New Managers and Leaders need to have a clear understanding of the difference between leadership and management, as well as the necessary skill sets for the roles. To help you with this, Leadership and Lifelong Learning East of England and Quiver Management have designed two workshops to increase self-awareness and recognise the impact on team members and others. Participants will also learn fundamental leadership skills and tools to accomplish tasks in a compassionate and inclusive manner while also effectively managing performance issues.
Session 1: Leading Yourself
- Management and leadership
- Leader and Manager – what are the differences and how much do you spend on each?
- The skills that make you good in your clinical / technical role are not what will make you a good leader!
- How to be effective in the time you have available for management / leadership
- Understanding self
- Why is self-awareness so important?
- How to increase your understanding of yourself
- Use of Health Care Leadership Model 360 to understand own styles, preferences, strengths and potential weaknesses.
- Understanding my impact on others
- A leader’s shadow
- Recognising and using differences and diversity to get the best out of your team
The training involves a self-assessment and approximately 30 minutes of pre-study ahead of each of the two 3-hour interactive training workshops. You will also receive suggestions and tools for applying the tools back in your work environments, as well as a certificate of attendance.
Please see our Attendance & Cancellation policy and Privacy Notice
You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team