The Online Mental Health First Aid course is based on the Adult MHFA 2 day course content, offering the same learning outcomes, and every person who completed the course will be certified as a Mental Health First Aider. The course uses a blended approach of individual learning and four instructor led live sessions.
Individual learning and live sessions are hosted on MHFA England’s Online Learning Hub. Everyone who completes the course gets a certificate of attendance to say that they are now a Mental Health First Aider, a comprehensive course manual and workbook, and a quick reference card.
The course offers:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Delegates will be invited to engage with learning through a mix of film clips, case studies, written reference materials, quizzes and discussions.
Total training time required is 17 hours. Training delivery incorporates 4 live sessions, each of around 2.5 hours duration.
Delegates need to attend all live sessions. They will also need to allow 1-2 hours between live sessions for completion of independent learning.
Applications for this course will close on 05th September.