One Day Essentials is a series of one day online conferences – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These conferences are recorded live and the sessions will be available for delegates to access freely for six months from the conference date.*
*Please note we endeavour to upload content as quickly as possible after the conference, but it typically takes 1-2 weeks.
Join us on Wednesday 1 February for a one-day interactive online conference covering a wide range of essential haematology topics.
Haematology is an intensive and rapidly changing field. The holistic nature of treating patients with blood and bone marrow disorders requires care across all ages and diverse backgrounds. With a range of presentations and conditions for patients such as diseases of the blood, both malignant and non-malignant, join us for this comprehensive one-day conference, where knowledgeable speakers will provide expert tips for improving your approach to haematology within general practice. You will have the opportunity to gain a further understanding of some of the most common blood disorders presenting in general practice, as well as appropriate referral pathways, advice on interpreting test results, and diagnosing haematological conditions in both adults and children.
All presentations will include a focus on common symptoms/signs, diagnostic tests, when to refer, red flags, and how to monitor.
- Sickle cell disorder
- Clotting disorders, VTE and anticoagulants
- Anaemia and iron, folate and vitamin B12 deficiency
- Haematological emergencies
- Monoclonal gammopathy of uncertain significance (MGUS) and monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis (MBL)
- To be able to provide practical knowledge and skills aimed at application in day-to-day General Practice.
- To improve understanding and confidence in recognising and managing haematalogical issues.
- To identify the relevant “red flags” to reach a proper management plan including referral in a timely fashion.
- To enable a genuine impact on your future clinical practice and develop your current knowledge.
Dr Vijoy Chowdhury, Consultant Haematologist, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex
Super early bird until 22 December 2022:
AiT rate: £135
Members: rate £169
Non-members rate: £199
Early bird prices until 12 January 2023:
AiT rate: £169
Members: rate £199
Non-members rate: £245
Standard prices from 13 January 2023: