Please note this session has been tailored to the requirements of Clinical Pharmacists, however it may also be useful for Pharmacy Technicians.
This session will cover:
- Depression & management in primary care
- Antidepressants – overview of mode of action, side effects, red flags, C&P formulary choice
- Initiation, continuation and prophylactic phase
- Use cases to illustrate how to approach antidepressant review – compliance, optimisation, management of side effects, consideration of deprescribing when it is appropriate
- Discussion of non-pharmacological options
- Referral for further support for specific needs – suicidal ideation, risk of relapse (and signs), perinatal support, patient leaflet