This course is aimed at those who are currently taking venous blood samples and wish to update their phlebotomy (venepuncture) skills.
Phlebotomy (Venepuncture) Update
- Anatomy and physiology
- Reasons for carrying out phlebotomy
- Different methods of phlebotomy
- Identification of veins suitable for phlebotomy
- Contraindications and unsuitable veins
- Potential problems and how to address them
- Relevant policies and procedures
- Equipment used locally
- Assessment of and communication with patients
- Obtaining informed consent
- Health and safety
- Infection control and safe disposal of equipment
- Demonstration on a teaching model
- Appropriate documentation of procedure
- Discussion re: recommended versus actual practice
- Sharing of good practice
This webinar is being delivered via Zoom.
- Make a booking through the website
- You will receive an invitation via e-mail from the Training Hub to register the day before the event.
- Once you have done this Zoom will then send you the link to the meeting