This webinar will provide you with more details on the PMA KICKSTART Scheme for GP Practices, Dental Practices and Care Homes following the announcement of the Chancellor’s £2bn investment.
The PMA KICKSTART Scheme is an approved DWP (Department of Work and Pensions) Employer Gateway approved scheme, delivered UK wide and we are now accepting registrations for one or more placements in GP Practices, Dental Practices and Care Homes.
The scheme will provide a much needed, valuable and talented resource to GP Practices, Dental Practices and Care Homes throughout the UK (excluding Northern Ireland). Especially with the immediate increased workload with delivering the national Covid-19 Vaccination timetable.
DWP are delighted to be working with the PMA at a national level and providing full support to help us deliver a high-quality programme to the young people most at need and ease the increased workload being placed on GP Practices, during these challenging times.
Our goal is to maximise the opportunity of the 6-month employment by ensuring both parties are happy with the placement. By focusing more on the person, work relationships and gaining skills, rather than more traditional employability sessions, participants will get so much more out of the PMA KICKSTART Scheme.
What are the Benefits?
- No costs incurred by GP or Dental practices or Care Homes
- Fully Govt-funded 6-month work placements
- PMA vetting and recruitment of suitable applicants
- Kickstart employee working 25-hours per week, free of charge
- GP and Dental practices or Care Homes receive £300 to cover PPE, uniform and other costs
- Primary Care aligned training provided by PMA tutors & coaches
- PMA weekly monitoring with employee and employer to ensure successful placements
- On completion the Kickstarter can progress as apprentice employee
- GP and Dental practices or Care Homes can benefit from further Govt-funding up to £3000/apprentice.