The Tissue Viability Team invites you to attend one of the drop-in workshops to increase your knowledge and practical skills in wound care.
You can attend any workshop at any time and for as long as needed. There are no restrictions on arrival and leaving times. Snacks & Drinks will be available!
These workshops are open to all nursing staff from Community, Practices, Nursing Homes and Community Hospitals.
What to Expect in the Workshops
- Opportunity to increase your knowledge on products and dressings on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Woundcare formulary and the new chronic oedema/leg ulcer pathways
- Supported practice of Doppler, four layer and short stretch bandaging skills
- Supported practice of hosiery, wraps and Wound Express (Intermittent Compression Therapy) skills
If possible, please bring your own bandages and Doppler equipment
- You can achieve your competency sign-off for bandaging and Doppler if needed. Please bring your competency document along.
- Anyone who has attended the 2 leg ulcer study days and/or the chronic oedema study days is advised to attend to complete their practical skills training.