This webinar is for anyone working in primary care, as well as services working frequently with primary care. It is an opportunity to discuss research and practice in suicide prevention with leading experts.
Primary care plays a key role in identifying and supporting those at risk of suicide and self-harm, not least through primary care’s connections with community, family, secondary care and other services.
The webinar will:
- Set the context through discussion of key research and the history of suicide prevention
in primary care.
- Review the current situation in primary care; what works well, what can work better and
what opportunities are provided by new frameworks.
- Provide a focus on young people and self-harm.
STORM® are delighted to be joined by an amazing panel of speakers:
- Professor Linda Gask – Emerita Professor of Primary Care Psychiatry, University of Manchester. Co-founder of STORM®
- Dr Faraz Mughal – General Practitioner and National Institute for Health and Care Research Doctoral Fellow, School of Medicine, Keele University
- Dr Sohrab Panday – GP Clinical Lead for Mental Health, Learning Disabilities & Autism Derby & Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group. Steering Group of the National Suicide Prevention Alliance. Clinical Lead for Suicide Prevention in Primary Care Derbyshire.
- Keith Waters – Honorary Research Fellow (Self-Harm/Suicide Prevention) Centre for Research and Development, Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Non-executive Director at STORM®.