A training session designed for registered healthcare professionals who routinely carry out contraceptive consultations and wish to update their knowledge and skills to ensure they continue to carry out thorough and elective consultations remotely.
- Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
Webinar Course content:
- Update on and use of Progestogen Only Pills
- Update on and use of Depo injections including Sayanna Press
- Information on Progestogen only implants & intrauterine devices
- Use of emergency hormonal contraception
- Covid precautions
- Use of remote prescribing of POC using FSRH guidelines and PCWHF advice and restarting POC LARC methods
- Mini pill, emergency contraception and IUDs
This programme is based on the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare, UKMEC 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use (updated 2019).