The RCGP Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse is an accredited course ideal for GPs working at a generalist level as part of a shared care scheme and for those intending to provide treatment to drug users as part of a locally or nationally enhanced service.
This course is multi-disciplinary and therefore suitable for other Healthcare professionals, including nurses, pharmacists and drugs workers involved in the treatment of problematic drug use.
Service users and carers have also benefited from the learning opportunity that this course provides. Spectrum Learn and Develop is the provider of this RCGP course.
- Engaging individuals in treatment
- Identify harmful and dependent drug taking
- Diagnose severity of drug dependence
- Develop a range of harm reduction strategies
- Understand treatment options to enable the provision of safe and effective care
- Awareness of the current policy context regarding Recovery
- Deliver enhanced services for drug users
- A full day accredited RCGP face-to-face training session led by Spectrum Learn & Develop
- An eLearning course led by RCGP (approximately 3.5 Hours). We recommend that this is completed prior to the face-to-face training
- Approximately 9 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course
- Both sections of the course must be completed within a 6-month period to be awarded the Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse Part 1
- Click here to complete the online learning module
Additional Booking Information
If you have any questions about the Spectrum Learn & Develop course, please contact us on:
Phone: 01924 311405
All information sourced from https://sld.spectrumhealth.org.uk/rcgp-cert-management-drug-misuse-part1/.