The RCGP Management of Drugs Misuse Re-Certification builds upon the skills and knowledge gained from the RCGP Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse Part 1. It also encompasses new topics and the revised guidance published in the 2017 – Orange Guidelines by PHE (Public Health England).
This is a multi-disciplinary course suitable for pharmacists, nurses, drug workers and other healthcare professionals who have completed and gained the certificate on RCGP Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse Part 1.
- Changing drugs trends
- Novel psychoactive substances
- Reducing drug-related deaths
- Management of co-morbidities (mental health, trauma-informed care and pain) and service organisation and delivery
- Have an understanding of key changing drug trends and treatment responses to such trends
- Understand how changing drug trends are identified
- Understand risk factors for drug-related deaths and appropriate drug treatment responses
- Be better able to assess patients presenting with symptoms of pain with a possible history of prescription medication abuse
- Understand the principles informing the management of key co-morbid physical and mental health problems
- Understand the principles of trauma informed care and how they can inform treatment provision
- Understand the policy and evidence for recent developments in the non-medic prescriber workforce
- An RCGP face to face training session organised by Spectrum Learn & Develop (One Full Day)
- CPD hours can be gained on the completion of this course.
- In order to undertake this course, you must have already completed the Drugs Part 1 course
Additional Booking Information
If you have any questions about the Spectrum Learn & Develop course, please contact us on:
Phone: 01924 311405
All information sourced from https://sld.spectrumhealth.org.uk/rcgp-management-drug-misuse-re-certification/