One Day Essentials is a series of one-day online conferences – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These conferences are recorded live and the sessions will be available for delegates to access freely for six months from the webinar date.
The day will cover common acute and long-term conditions in people with a learning/intellectual disability, improving patient outcomes, diagnostic skills, management in primary care and much more.
- Understand the definition of learning disability
- Understand the impact on individuals of having a learning disability and how healthcare is experienced
- Develop skills about the role of general practice in supporting people with a learning disability particularly in reducing health inequality
- To extend the learning from the previous One Day Essential and webinar series from July 2020
- To continue to explore the most significant co-morbidities in learning disability and the role of the GP in managing those.
- To gain insight into the importance of other neuro-disability including autism.
Presentations will address the viability of remote consultations and provide guidance on how to best diagnose and treat patients in a socially distanced world.
Topics will include:
- Having a Learning Disability and Visiting the GP.
- Steps to addressing health Inequalities.
- Epilepsy in Learning Disability.
- Dysphagia and aspiration risk in adults with learning disability.
- Dying, death and learning disability: How to support it, how to talk about it?
- Learning Disabilities and Dementia: What is expected?
- Autism – an integral part of the neuro-diverse spectrum
- Overcoming barriers to accessing healthcare: Evidence based guidance about adjustments for autistic people attending Primary Care.
- Dr Kirsten Lamb MRCGP, Chair RCGP special interest group for learning disability.
- Mr Gary Bourlet
- Ms Samantha Clark
- Dr Umesh Chauhan GP
- Dr Rohit Shankar MBE
- Ms Suzi Woodhouse
- Professor Irene Tuffrey-Wijne
- Dr Jill Rasmussen
- Dr Carole Buckley
- Professor Jeremy Parr
Full Ticket Prices: