Most clinicians are now using the telephone as the first point of contact with their patients and yet many have never undergone training in this specialist skill, whilst others want to brush up on their skills having found themselves doing more telephone work than ever before.
This popular, long-standing RCGP course will now be delivered using an online platform (e.g. ZOOM) and will provide you with a real understanding of how to manage the risks involved in telephone assessments to practise safely, effectively and efficiently. The day is entirely practical and will give you realistic tools and techniques in telephone triage and consultations by using interactive exercises, real calls, group work and plenary talks to explore what’s involved in providing care when we are unable to see the patient.
You will leave armed with useful solutions to managing common calls and the more challenging demands, whether you are new to telephone triage and consultations or experienced in this area. The course is suitable for all GPs (qualified and practicing and AiTs/newly qualified), nurses, paramedics and pharmacists.
• Gain knowledge and awareness for carrying out appropriate, cost effective and safe triage
• Improve confidence in telephone triage by developing a call structure
• Develop an awareness of the communication and questioning skills require
• Discuss and practice safe and comprehensive history taking within a telephone triage context to ensure the most appropriate outcome
• Explore legal issues of telephone assessments including confidentiality, documentation and safety netting
- Members – £189.00
- Non Members – £245.00