How can we help patients to participate fully in Structured Medication reviews with Shared Decision Making? Launch of resources for patients.
Join our lunchtime webinar to learn more about:
- The importance of shared decision making when undertaking Structured Medication Reviews with patients.
- How our new range of free, evidenced-based resources can support and help prepare patients invited for a Structured Medication Review with their GP, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The resources are available in a range of formats and languages from the AHSN Network website: Resources to support patients having a Structured Medication Review – The AHSN Network.
- Guest speaker: Professor Tony Avery, GP and National Clinical Director for Prescribing, NHS England will present on key strategic and policy drivers and highlight why Structured Medication Reviews and shared decision making are crucial in tackling problematic polypharmacy and unnecessary medicines and lead to better patient outcomes.
- Clare Howard, Clinical Lead AHSN National Polypharmacy Programme will share findings from the AHSN pilot to test the patient-facing resources ahead of national rollout.
Partner organisations showcasing co-creation and development of the resources with patients:
- David Alldred PhD, FHEA, FRPharmS, Professor of Medicines Use and Safety, Leeds University & NIHR Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Research Collaboration
- Daniel Okeowo, MPharm, MRPharmS, Doctoral Training Fellow, NIHR Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Translational Research Centre
- Graham Prestwich, Patient Representative and Innovator, Me and My Medicines
- Gemma Donovan, Medication Behaviours: Are Your Medicines Working?
Panel discussion and Q&A
Got a question?
If you have a question about this event contact us at: email@example.com