This webinar is recorded live and the session will be available for delegates to access freely for six months once uploaded to our e-Learning platform. *Please note we endeavour to upload content as quickly as possible after each conference, but it typically takes 1-2 weeks.
Flu vaccination is a regular annual task for primary care, which was made more complicated last year by the need for social distancing and is likely to coincide with booster COVID-19 vaccinations this year.
Join us for this FREE live 90-minute webinar where we will discuss the various issues around the influenza vaccination drive 2021/22 and how we can successfully overcome them.
We will cover:
- How to run a successful vaccination campaign
- Vaccinating in the surgery/in care homes and for housebound patients
- Choice of vaccination, licensing for the various ages of patients
- Ensuring that some populations don’t slip through the net/become harder to reach
- How learning can be shared between different areas
- Nursing and pharmacy perspectives
- The challenges of combining flu and COVID-19 vaccination.
- To know which vaccine should be given to which patient, and what to do if the preferred vaccine is not available
- To understand the practical issues which may arise when vaccinating patients in their own home or in a care home
- To consider how to reach populations which may traditionally not access health care
- To consider the practicalities of combining flu vaccine with a COVID-19 booster vaccine.
There will be plenty of time in this webinar for Q&A
This webinar will be Chaired by Dr Dirk Pilat, GP and Medical Director for Professional Development.
- Dr. Sally Higginbottom, GP
- Dr George Kassianos, National Immunisation Lead for the RCGP
- Saloni Gaglani, Practice Nurse
- Tony O’Reilly, Pharmacist
This webinar is funded by Seqirus.