Registered nurses, associate practitioners, and health care assistants.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge of skin anatomy and use available evidence and the latest classification to assess and manage skin tears.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge of the wound care formulary in relation to skin tears.
The student will be able to be:
- confident in using the skin tear classification and its appropriate management.
- decide on the most effective dressing using the local wound care formulary.
Update knowledge and competency can be achieved with:
- Completing the session quiz /discussion.
- Attending other TV courses and add this session to the main competency document.
- Working alongside experienced nurse in wound care or tissue viability nurse.