This detailed session discusses the purpose and importance of summarising. It explains how delegates can summarise effectively to ensure records are accurate, thereby providing a true reflection of each patient’s healthcare history. Good summarising reduces the need to access the patient’s paper records, reducing time and enabling the patient to receive the most appropriate level of care in a timely manner.
- Learn the requirements for summarising medical records
- Understand how summarising can help to achieve QOF targets
- Gain an understanding of how confidentiality can become compromised during summarising
- Appreciate the need for a structured approach to summarising
- Learn why summarises must be trained appropriately for their role
Any staff member involved in the summarising process.