About the Event
Our keynote speaker will outline how NHS England is supporting the management of people living with mental health conditions in primary care followed by examples of doing this in practice.
We will encourage an honest discussion about the barriers that participants experience when supporting people living with a mental health condition.
Why it’s important
Most mental health conditions are managed in primary care.
There is a still a stigma within mental health, and pharmacy professionals may struggle with confidence to engage with these individuals.
There is often a misconception that you need to be a mental health expert to support people living with these conditions. Primary care pharmacy teams have a valuable role to play in providing support, reassurance and signposting.
What will be covered
- Common barriers to engaging with people living with a mental health condition, including fears, confidence, stigma and not being a mental health expert
- Lived experience will be shared to understand the impact that pharmacy professionals in primary care have on supporting people living with mental health conditions
- The value of being curious and asking questions during consultations even if you don’t know the answer
A range of speakers from SPS and other organisations will run this event.
The following SPS team members will be presenting this webinar:
- Emma Bryant
- Barry Jubraj
- Nicola Wake
We will be joined by:
- Matthew Elswood, National Specialty Advisor Mental Health Pharmacy, NHS England, and Chief Pharmacist, Notts Healthcare
- Nathalie Vesali Anderson, PCN Lead Pharmacist, Clissold Park
- Kuljit Nandhara, Deputy Chief Pharmacist, Head of Mental Health Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Dolly Sud, Postdoctoral Clinical Academic Research Fellow Pharmacist, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- Katey McCorkell. PCN Pharmacy Technician, Shard End and Kitts Green PCN
More speakers to be confirmed.