The aim of this session is to provide delegates with the skills and understanding required to communicate effectively over the phone and to understand the importance of their role in managing calls to the appropriate outcome (signposting) and within the right timescales (prioritisation). It also addresses the excellent customer care required to handle calls sensitively and to provide information on how to deal with those patients or callers who can be difficult, demanding or frequent service users.
- Understand the differences between face to face and telephone communication
- Understand what is meant by ‘probing’
- Understand what is meant by signposting and prioritisation
- How to identify and overcome some of the barriers to communication
- Learn how to identify difficult behaviours and how to manage them
- Examine a call process – best practice and telephone etiquette
- Documentation and passing messages/information on