The Training Hub Conference 2019
About the Conference 2019
Following the success of last year’s Training Hub Nurse and HCA Conference, this year’s conference is at the Huntingdon Marriott on 13th June 2019.
There will be a Keynote Speaker, Karen Storey, followed by a series of 16 workshops covering a wide range of subjects as well as stands to help your CPD!
We are sure that it will be a productive, interesting and enjoyable day!
Certificates will be e-mailed out to you following our conference (provided you have signed in).
09:00 Conference starts
16:30 Conference closes
Karen Storey RN. MSC, QN
Karen is the National Primary Care Nursing Lead in NHS England leading on the General Practice Nursing Ten Point Plan to support recruitment, retention and return of the nursing workforce in general practice.
Prior to this she was Primary Care Lead Nurse (workforce) at Health Education England West Midlands leading on Training Hubs. She has held previous positions as Primary Care Nurse Facilitator in a CCG, and Clinical Lead Nurse for an NHS Walk – In Centre. She has a background as a General Practice Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Independent Nurse Prescriber and an MSc in Health Studies.
Karen has held various national roles to develop the HEE GPN career framework, nurse lead on the HEE primary care workforce commission ‘The future of primary care creating teams for tomorrow’, HEE national general practice nursing workforce plan ‘Recognise, Reform, Rethink’.
Karen’s role as associate lecturer in the Faculty of Applied Health Care Research University of Birmingham has included visits to primary care in Denmark, Netherlands and China. She has a particular interest in growing nursing leadership in primary care, and has developed a shared leadership programme for primary care known as ‘Triumvirate leadership’.
Karen is a Queen’s Nurse and is a graduate of the QNI Executive Nurse Leaders Programme. She is currently involved in writing a book entitled ‘collaboration in primary care’.
Please see the workshops planned below.
|Workshop Options - Session One||
Common Dermatological Conditions
Contraception - Are You Up To Date?
Antimicrobial Update including Management of UTIs
|Workshop Options - Session Two||
The Phases of Wound Healing
Practical Headache Workshop
Managing the Menopause
Delivering quality NHS Health Checks and Point of Care blood testing as part of your NHS Health Check Programme
|Workshop Options - Session Three||
Immunisations and Vaccination for HCAs
Top tips when examining knees
How to use social media to engage with patients
'HOPE - hold on pain ends'
|Workshop Options - Session Four||
Asthma and COPD Devices
Basic ECG Interpretation
Acute Pain Management and Opioids
Building confidence in responding to teenagers who present with signs of anxiety
If you are no longer able to attend the event please notify us via email, no later than 1 week prior to the event.
Less than one week will be counted as non-attendance and you will be charged £55 for your delegate place.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Nurse and HCA Conference – Booking terms and conditions
This conference is organised by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Training Hub.
(“we”) accept bookings from delegates (“you”) for places on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Nurse and HCA Conference under the following terms and conditions.
1. This conference is fully organised and funded by the Training Hub and due to tight timescales, please note we cannot accept cancellations within 7 days of the event. Once your booking is confirmed you agree to attend the event as per the below terms.
2. Once you have submitted your booking and your place at the conference is confirmed and we will send you an email confirmation. If you have not received confirmation of your booking within 24 hours, please contact the Training Hub.
3. You will also need to book your workshops in order to be guaranteed a place in them. They can be found under My Account on the website.
Cancellations and non-attendance
4. Whilst the conference is fully subsidised, all non-attendance is chargeable at a rate of £55 per person, as per these booking terms and conditions.
5. If you are no longer able to attend the event please notify us via email, no later than 1 week prior to the event. Less than one week will be counted as non-attendance and you will be charged for your delegate place.
6. Why do we do this? The Training Hub is fully funding this event. Numbers are confirmed and rooms are allocated according their capacity based on these numbers 1 week before. We will also have a waiting list of people wishing to attend this event. As a result, if you do not show up for the conference we are still charged for your place and someone who wished to attend will be unable to.