Registered nurses, associate practitioners and health care assistants.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in the role of the therapy and its place in enhancing wound healing and/or control exudate
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in using the different machines according to type of wound
The student will be able to:
- To use the therapy appropriately for different types of wounds
- To use the different types of dressing, their modifications as the wound heals and machine pressure use accordingly
Update knowledge and competency can be achieved with:
- Update topical negative pressure theory with e-learning module
- Complete quiz
- PP for application of dressings and setting up machine
- Supervised practice with an experienced nurse in VAC application
To access the e-learning, clinicians must register (or sign in if they have already registered) using Google Chrome as the portal go to https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/health-care-academy-uk/registration/?regCode=3M_GBHCAcademy
No access code should be needed.
To access the course itself, go into wound care and the VAC therapy course is within that called: What Makes 3M V.A.C. Therapy Different?