Registered nurses, associate practitioners and health care assistants
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in the role of the therapy and its place in enhancing wound healing and/or control exudate.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in using the different machines according to type of wound.
Learning outcomes: the student will be able to use the:
- therapy appropriately for different types of wounds.
- different types of dressing, their modifications as the wound heals and machine pressure use accordingly.
Update knowledge and competency can be achieved with:
- Update topical negative pressure theory with e-learning module.
- Complete quiz
- PP for application of dressings and setting up machine.
- Supervised practice with an experienced nurse in VAC application.