An interactive and engaging approach to delivering a live streamed training session via Zoom, with the opportunity to ask questions.
This Travel Health Update is intended for nurses who have experience carrying out travel health consultations and who wish to update their knowledge and skills, meeting the requirement for an annual travel health update (RCN 2018 Competencies: Travel health nursing: career and competence development| Royal College of Nursing page 23 point 6).
- Risk assessment
- Disease awareness
- Travel vaccines
- Travel advice
- Information sources
- Potential problems and how to address them
- Relevant policies and procedures
- Assessment of and communication with patients patients including the last minute and complex traveller
- Malaria chemoprophylaxis and patient education
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Case studies