Our Education and Conference Centre has now re-opened. We have made changes to ensure we are following Government guidance as a COVIDSafe venue and have also limited the number of places available to allow for social distancing. On registration you will receive information of the changes for the safety of learners and staff.
As healthcare professionals, we have a responsibility to assist families through the bereavement process.
This Study Day is aimed at:
Healthcare professionals working in the community, hospital setting, care home or for a care agency who are caring for palliative patients.
In this study day you will:
- Examine relevant bereavement models
- Explore the use of communication skills and techniques
- Learn about support for healthcare professionals to work to L2 NICE guidelines
- Consider when to refer the family for further support
- Explore methods and practises for our own mental health and wellbeing
- Embrace the ‘priorities of care for the dying person’.