Registered nurses, associate practitioners, and health care assistants.
- To enable the student to use available evidence to underpin practice in assessing wounds.
- To enable the student to increase breath and knowledge of wounds and their management.
The student will be able to:
- understand and describe the process of wound healing and infection continuum and relate it to practice.
- relate the requirement needed to facilitate effective wound healing with the elements of wound bed preparation and choosing optimum wound dressings.
Competency to be achieved with
- Working alongside experienced nurse in wound care or tissue viability nurse.
- Completing the wound management Quiz.
- Completing the competency document with supervisor.