The UK currently ranks as the country with the highest level of obesity in Europe. Obesity is believed to account for 80-85% of the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and data shows that the number of people diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes continues to rise.
Across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG diabetes is estimated to affect around 6% of the adult population or 45,000 people but the prevalence of diabetes is forecast to increase to 8.7% for the CCG by 2035! Join us at our Ambition for Remission education event to find out more about:
- New guidelines ask that we offer individualised carbohydrate intake assessment for all our patients with diabetes, at least once annually.
- How do we do this, and safely?
- How do we de-prescribe and thus avoid “hypo’s”?
- New evidence tells us that we should hold an ‘Ambition for Remission’ for all our overweight/obese patients with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes (especially those diagnosed within last six years).
- What does this mean?
- Understand the importance of ‘Lower Carb’ whilst ensuring maintenance of micronutrient health
- Learn from national and local experts regarding optimising nutrition and diet in those with such metabolic disorders.
Lunch will be available from 12.30pm with the workshop starting promptly at 1pm. The full agenda will follow shortly.
This event is being delivered as part of our CCG Education Events series, which forms part of our wider GP Support Hub offer.
This event is open to clinicians involved in delivering patient care working in a member GP practice within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Practices are encourage to send at least one clinician to this session.
Certificates of attendance will be provided.