Cardiology – Heart Failure
6,577 people were diagnosed with heart failure in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in 2017/18, this creates huge challenges for the local health system. One-year mortality after an acute admission with heart failure remains high despite much progress in treatment over the last 20 years.
This session will explore aspects of heart failure management and ways of improving local community and hospital pathways
- Getting the guidelines into practice – what should we all be doing?
- Practical tips for management – how can we best optimise the treatment for individual patients?
- Potential treatments for the future – what is the latest research?
- Dr Amrit Takhar, GP Partner, Wansford Surgery, Cardiovascular Clinical Lead, CPCCG and Clinical Research Network Eastern: Primary care clinical lead
- Dr Brian Gordon, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Papworth Hospital and Peterborough City Hospital