Who is funding the staff bank and what will it cost my practice?
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough ICS is covering the cost of creating the staff bank.
After that, you’ll just pay 1% fees for any bookings you make through the bank (which is much lower than locum agency fees!)
What is Lantum?
Lantum is a digital workforce platform that lets you manage staffing end-to-end with just one tool. ICSs like Greater Manchester and Our Dorset are already using it and seeing amazing results.
As well as a staff bank, Lantum offers access to a network of 30,000 nationwide clinicians available for locum bookings at 10% fees, as well as an integrated rota tool that makes scheduling staff quicker and easier. For now, your ICS is just funding the staff bank.
Why is your ICS creating a staff bank?
To build resilience
Having access to a staff bank will make it easier for you to fill shifts – even when cancellations are made at the last minute. This helps you to deliver services effectively, and takes some pressure off your existing staff. It will also make it easier to collaborate with nearby practices and PCNs, and share unused resources.
To save money
The staff bank will help reduce your spend, as you’ll no longer need to pay high agency fees to book locums – instead you can book trusted staff from your ICS for just a 1% fee.
To reduce time spent on admin
Having one platform to manage all bookings reduces administration time significantly. With verified clinical governance documents on staff profiles, compliance is much easier to track. With automatic notifications, you no longer need to contact staff individually about shifts. Lantum consolidates statements, so you make just one payment rather than multiple. And, with the direct messaging tool, you can keep communication in one place and ensure all rota managers have full visibility.
How will the staff bank work?
- The staff bank includes profiles of staff across your ICS, complete with details about their experience, skills and clinical governance documents.
- Your practice posts vacant shifts on Lantum, and staff in your ICS apply for them on the Lantum app.
- Your practice accepts an application from the staff member you’d like to cover your shift, and they are automatically notified of the booking.
- After the shift, Lantum can automatically pay staff the next day. You can also set up automatic signing of digital pension forms for GPs.
- On a weekly or monthly basis, Lantum provides a consolidated statement and invoice for all sessions booked, so you have one simple payment to make.